The Nan Tolbert Nurturing Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Oak View, CA. We are dedicated to nurturing families with children 0-3 years old and postpartum support of new parents. We are looking to hire a Core Class Facilitator. NTNC offers a classroom environment. Playgroups are designed with 2 Facilitators leading playgroups with children and parents. One facilitator leads parent education discussion, while the other spends most of their time focused on the interaction of the children.
Successful applicants will have a background in early childhood development and experience working with parents and young children. Knowledge of RIE © (Resources for Infant Educarers), Hand In Hand, Touchpoints or similar philosophies appreciated. Experience working with 0-3 in a school or center setting. Excellent communication skills. Ability to demonstrate professional maturity, observing, questioning. Postpartum doulas, Associate MFT’s welcome are welcomed to apply. Bilingual preferred but not required.
Job duties may include:
- Co-facilitating parent-child classes (including set up and clean up).
- Parent education and support.
- Assisting with program evaluation and data collection including administering intake and exit forms.
- Participate in observation and discussion regarding adults and children.
- Monthly training and meeting.
- Community outreach and marketing support (as needed).
- Classroom and Program support including but not limited to ordering materials and supplies, maintenance of classroom and materials.
- Additional stipends are provided for event and workshop administration, office administration duties, grant writing, and fundraising events on an as needed basis and agreed.
- Room for growth and additional responsibilities.
Please visit our websitewww.nantolbert.orgfor class descriptions and additional information on our organization.
The position pays hourly with pay between $18-$25 per hour depending on experience and job duties. This is a part-time position with an approximate time commitment of 8 to 15 hours per week. Programs are 8-12 weeks per quarter with a 4-6 week summer session. Summer session June 13- August 2.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Child Development: 2 years
If you are interested in volunteering a professional service, please contact Tami at email@example.com or call 805.646.7559.